January 27, 2012

Wooden Spools

The beauty of vintage....



I just love these old wooden spools. The thread is usually old and unusable but I love the colors. I have quite a collection of these pretty little things. I like to decoupage the ends of them with my paper scraps. 
Magazines, especially Anthropologie, have the perfect paper with a matte finish that works perfect for such a tiny project.

Just paint decoupage glue on the end and place on paper. Let it dry for a minute or two then cut out with an exacto blade. If you want the hole in the middle use the same blade to cut it out before applying top coats of decoupage. Use a really fine sandpaper (110) to sand the edges.

 I like to wrap mine with embroidery thread. I love being able to see all of my colors.




 Of course I like to keep a few of these in the raw.





2 comments: