February 10, 2012

Pink Pancakes




If you want to do some pretty pink pancakes, don't reach for the food coloring. Sadly this is how I would have done it a couple of years ago. But now I actually try and add nutrition along with the pretty.

With that said, Deceptively Delicious by Jessica Seinfeld  has a scrumptious "Pink Pancake" recipe that is healthy and beautiful. It calls for beet puree which gives it such a rich beautiful color. And I promise it's good. If I lost you at beets, I'm gonna reel you back in with ricotta cheese and grated apple!


  • 3/4 cup of water
  • 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
  • 1/4 cup beet puree
  • 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
  • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1 cup pancake mix
  • 1/4 cup grated apple

This cookbook is full of great recipes especially for kids. It's a must buy. And it's cute, hello... no brainer.
 As for me and my family, we will eat BEETS! 

No comments:

Post a Comment