January 17, 2013

Book of the Month

One of my resolutions this year was to make more time for reading. I love it so much and yet it's one of the things I've done so little of recently. I could blame it on a number of things but ultimately it's got to stop. I'm making more time for me. I'm going to bed early with my book and enjoy the last hours of my day before I have get to get up and do it all over again.

My book this month is the classic "the Catcher in the Rye" by J.D. Salinger. I've never read it. There's many classics I haven't and I'm not sure why that is but it bothers me. So I've sort of got a bucket list of books I'm checking off. And we're starting here. 
I've also decided to keep a book journal to keep up with what I've read and my thoughts and maybe how it changed me or my perception. Or didn't. 
Here we go...

2 comments:

  1. This was one of my favorite books I read in High School. I own a copy and should probably re-read it. I can only remember bits and pieces of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See! Where was I when that assignment went out?! I think every one read this in high school but me. Those darn southern schools! Oh well better late than never. I'm loving it so far too.

      Delete